HearUSA WEBSITE STATEMENT OF PRIVACY
Audiology Distribution, LLC (“HearUSA”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it. HearUSA provides this Statement of Privacy to inform you of our privacy policies, practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and how the information is used. We’ve structured our websites so that, in general, you can visit HearUSA on the web without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. We make this notice readily available on our home page and at the bottom of every HearUSA web page.
Sites covered by this Statement of Privacy
This Statement of Privacy applies to your use of all of the sites and services owned or operated by HearUSA and affiliated companies (collectively “we,” “us,” or “our”), including www.hearusa.com, www.necp.com, www.hearx.com, www.helixhca.com, and any other site that we have owned or operated, do own and operate or may own or operate in the future (collectively, the “Sites”). Unless we say otherwise, all references to the Sites in these terms and conditions include all such Sites. This Statement of Privacy does not apply to your use of unaffiliated sites to which any of the Sites link.
Links to non-HearUSA Websites
The Sites may provide links to third-party websites for your convenience and information. If you access these links, you will leave the HearUSA website. We do not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites. The personal data you choose to provide to unrelated third party websites is not covered by the HearUSA Statement of Privacy. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and procedures of any website before submitting your personal information. Some third-party websites may choose to share the information you provide with HearUSA; that sharing is governed by that third-party’s website statement of privacy.
Types of Information We Collect
This Statement of Privacy covers personal information, non-personal data collections and aggregate reporting.
Personal Information is information that is associated with your personal identity. HearUSA uses personal information to better understand your needs, interests and to provide you with better products and services. Once you choose to provide us with personal information, you can be assured it will be used only to support your customer relationship with HearUSA. We take seriously the trust you place in us. HearUSA will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to any third-party.
On some of the Sites, you can order products or services, request information, subscribe to marketing or support materials, register yourself or your HearUSA products, or apply for a job at HearUSA. The types of personal information you provide to us on these pages may include name, address, telephone number, email address, user IDs, billing and transaction information, credit card information, contact preferences, educational and employment background, and job interest data.
To personalize our websites, services and or communications and improve our products and services, we may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, and experiences with our products and services. Providing this additional information is optional.
Non-personal information is data about usage and service operation that is not associated with a specific identity. HearUSA collects and analyzes non-personal information to evaluate how visitors use the HearUSA websites.
The Sites are committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. The Sites do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and the Sites do not target its websites to children under 13.
How We Use Your Information
HearUSA uses your personal information to provide you with services and to help better understand your needs and interests. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a transaction or order, to communicate with you, to provide services and support, to update you on services and benefits, to personalize promotional offers and to personalize the Sites. Occasionally we may also use your information to contact you for market research regarding HearUSA products and services. We will give you full control of these opportunities. You will be allowed to choose your privacy preferences regarding such communications (see Section 7, “Your Privacy Preferences and Opting Out”). Credit card information is collected only to facilitate our financial service providers’ credit decisions and will be shared with them only with your permission. Credit card information and sensitive personal data are not used for any other purposes by our financial services providers or the Sites and will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services, unless you ask us to retain your information for future use.
Personal data collected online may also be combined with information you provide HearUSA through other sources such as product registration, call centers or public events such as trade shows or seminars. Personal data given to HearUSA may be transferred across state and county borders for the purposes of data consolidation, storage and simplified customer information management.
Non-personal data is aggregated for reporting about the Sites usability, performance and effectiveness. It is used to improve the customer experience, usability and site content.
With Whom We Share Your Information
HearUSA will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others. HearUSA will not share your personal information with third parties except in responding to your request for products and services. Your permission will be requested when you submit your information. HearUSA shares customer information across HearUSA owned business entities and companies working on our behalf, but only as described above in “How We Use Your Information” in Section 5.
HearUSA contracts with third-party service providers and suppliers to deliver complete products, services and customer solutions described in “How We Use Your Information.” Suppliers and service providers are required to keep confidential the information received on behalf of HearUSA and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for HearUSA. These service providers may change or we may contract with additional service providers to better accommodate our customers. HearUSA will not share personal information with any other third parties without your permission, unless required by law enforcement action, subpoena, or local law.
HearUSA or its related entities could merge with or be acquired by another business entity or some or all of their respective assets could be acquired. If such a combination or acquisition occurs, HearUSA will make every reasonable effort to notify you in the event we share with the merging or acquiring entity some or all of your personal information to continue serving you.
HearUSA gives you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our products and services. You can subscribe to receive certain product- and service-specific information and HearUSA-wide marketing communications. HearUSA-wide communications may include new product information, special offers, or an invitation to participate in market research.
Additional Notice for California Consumers
At HearUSA, we are mindful of our responsibilities under the California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”). If you are a California consumer within the meaning of the CCPA, these California-specific provisions apply to you.
How We Collect, Use, and Share Personal Information
- Personal Information Collected in the Last Twelve Months
We collect information from users as described in our Statement of Policy. The “Personal Information,” as defined in California Civil Code § 1798.140(o), we have obtained on California residents within the last twelve months may include:
- Identifiers such as: name, postal address, email address, IP address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, token identifier, when you interact with us on social media, or sign up to learn more about our products and services.
- Any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with a particular consumer or household, including, the “identifiers” listed in (A), and the following: insurance policy number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information when you purchase any of our products or services.
- Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, or obtained, or considered from us.
- Internet or other similar network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history on our websites, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with our websites or applications.
- Geolocation data such as physical location or movements.
- Sensory data such as audio information, including recordings of when you called into our support line; video information in the form of CCTV at our local storefronts; and electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information, as described above.
- Inferences drawn from other Personal Information, such as profiles reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, or predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
For each of these categories, we may obtain Personal Information from a variety of sources, including online and offline interactions you may have with us or our service providers; other entities with whom you transact; others with whom you maintain relationships who may deal with us on your behalf; the devices you use to access our websites, mobile applications, and online services; credit bureaus; identify verification and fraud prevention services; marketing and analytics providers; public databases; social media platforms; and other sources consistent with this Statement of Privacy.
Please note that Personal Information does not include publicly available information from government records, deidentified or aggregate consumer information, and Personal Information protected by certain other sector-specific federal or California statutes.
- Our Use of Personal Information for Business Purposes in the Last Twelve Months
We use the Personal Information we collect, identified in each of the above categories, for the business purposes disclosed within this Statement of Privacy. These business purposes may include the following:
- Audits and reporting relating to particular transactions and interactions, including online interactions, you may have with us or others on our behalf;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting the same;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems;
- Short-term, transient use including contextual customization of ads;
- Providing services on our behalf or on behalf of another, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, fulfilling transactions, verifying identity information, processing payments, and other services;
- Conducting internal research to develop and demonstrate technology;
- Conducting activity to verify, enhance, and maintain the quality or safety of services or devices which we may own, control, or provide;
- Preparing statistics and performing analysis to support our operations;
- Conducting marketing and surveys regarding our products and services; and
Receiving and responding to inquiries. We may also use the Personal Information we collect for our own or our service providers’ other operational purposes, purposes for which we provide you additional notice, or for purposes compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected.
- Sharing of Personal Information in the Last Twelve Months
- Disclosures of Personal Information on California Consumers for Business Purposes
Within the last twelve months, we have disclosed Personal Information identified in the above categories only (i) for exempt activities, as part of a business-to-business transaction, (ii) at your express request, or (iii) for our business purposes. For more information on the service providers with whom we may share information, please see ”With Whom we Share Your Information” above in the Statement of Privacy.
When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we execute a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to keep Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
- No Sales of Personal Information of California Consumers
We have not sold any Personal Information described in this Statement of Privacy to third parties within the previous twelve months and will not sell Personal Information. California Rights and Choices
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights related to your Personal Information. You may exercise these rights free of charge except as otherwise provided by applicable law. We endeavor to respond to your request promptly upon verification and as required by applicable law.
- Right to Know / Portability
You have the right to request that we disclose to you:
- Specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- Categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- Categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
- Categories of Personal Information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose about you;
- Categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information.
- Right to Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete (and direct our service providers to delete) Personal Information we collected about you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- comply with a legal obligation; or
- make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Right to Non-Discrimination for Exercise of a California Privacy Right
We will not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the above rights, or any other rights under the CCPA. This means that we may not deny you goods or services, charge you different prices or rates for services or provide you with a different level or quality of services (or suggest that we will do so), in response to a request made under the CCPA.
We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your Personal Information.
- How to Submit a Request
You may submit a request to exercise the rights listed above by:
- Submitting an online request at www.hearusa.com/protectmyinformation
- Emailing us at email@example.com
- Calling us toll-free at 1-800-528-3277
Writing us at
Attn: Marketing Department
11400 Jog Rd Suite 300
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
- Verifiable Request
As required under applicable law, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may require you to provide information sufficient to allow us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative and to describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law.
- Agent Authorization and Disability Access
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission to act on your behalf. As permitted by law, we may require additional information to prove your agent’s relationship to you. We may refuse a request if the agent does not provide adequate proof of their authorization. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child, but you must also provide proof that you are that child’s parent or legal guardian.
Consumers with disabilities may access this notice in an alternative format by pressing Windows logo key + Ctrl + Enter on a PC or pressing command-F5 on a Mac
Other California Privacy Rights
- California “Shine the Light” Law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83)
Under the Shine the Light Law, a California resident may ask us to refrain from sharing Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share Personal Information of California Consumers with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- California Do Not Track Disclosure
Our website and apps are not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” requests from browsers.
Contact Information Regarding this California Notice
You may contact us with questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices and your choices and rights under California law by:
- Submitting a request through our webform available at www.hearusa.com/californianotice
- Calling us toll-free at 1-800-528-3277
- Emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org